Mission Possible has a mission to help empower teens to create businesses and create change in their communities and further into the world. We do this through blogging at Teen Launch Academy (www.TeenLaunchAcademy.com) and through courses such as Mission Possible.
Our goals are to help you to explore different entrepreneurship ideas, marketing help, how to volunteer in your community and even teach you some website building and email list building. We hope to inspire you with stories about teens that have started successful businesses and are changing the world all while teaching you basic business concepts.
About Deanna Gibbons
I’m Deanna Gibbons an entrepreneurial educator. I teach middle and high school students how to start a business, how to make a difference in their community and how to change the world.
I’ve got over 15 years’ experience working with young kids and teens through various community organizations, such as Girl and Boy Scouting. I’ve also owned my own marketing & design firm for the last 12 years.
When I am not volunteering my time or working, you can find me at home with my kids (I’ve got 5 of them) playing video games, binge watching Netflix and YouTube or reading books like Divergent or Hunger Games.
If you want to know more, here are 10 random things about me:
- I am a HUGE superhero nerd. I love watching all the superhero movies (vintage stuff and new).
- Commercials, movies, and books all make me cry but not much else does.
- I’m Italian. I have light brown hair and blue eyes so you would never know it looking at me! (Though I do talk with my hands!)
- I never drank coffee my whole life until I had Starbucks for the first time about 5 years ago. Now I LOVE coffee!
- I am a night owl staying up til 1am reading, surfing the internet or working and am up by 6am every day (which is way too early but… RESPONSIBILITIES)
- I love music of all kinds. Pop, classic rock, country, rap (mostly Eminem), classical….The only thing I don’t like is EDM. (Can you say headache?)
- I have a pretty decent singing voice. My favorite moments with my kids are when we are all in the car singing together and harmonizing to our favorite songs.
- I am much more comfortable in a room full of teens than I am in a room full of adults.
- I am a chocolate junkie! I love milk chocolate and eat a candy bar almost every day!
- I left my parents and siblings in Michigan in 2008 and moved to Colorado so I could provide a better environment for my kids to grow up in.